While Hanukkah will continue until New Year's Day, most of the holiday gift making is complete. It's time to focus on something wonderful for yourself. Whether you choose to make something simple and elegant that just for you or to challenge yourself with a new technique, now's the time to focus on you and your craft.
Take the time to enjoy the feel of the wool in your fingers. Let it improve your mood, mind and body. It seems this year there's been article after article about how knitting and crochet can help with everything from artheritis to anxiety and brain health (Google it!). We've all known this since we first picked up a needle or hook but now that the stress of completing gifts is behind us, let's use it! Let's rejuvinate with our sticks and string.
NOT Quick Project Ideas
Now's the time to start something fabulous!
Here are some project ideas to get some yarn in your fingers and improve your technique or your wardrobe!
1. A CustomFit Sweater Many of you came for our fit night and the CustomFit trunk show but, if you haven't seen it, please stop by and I'll get you fitted. Amy Herzog has created this ingenius sweater program. I'll tell you more in person but the basics are this. Rather than making your gauge swatch fit an existing pattern and changing the pattern to fit your body, Amy's program will take your measurements and your swatch and generate the sweater pattern custom for you. This way you'll have exactly the fabric that your want, in the yarn that you want, to fit the body you have! Ingenious, right? There are over 60 designs to choose from. Stop by or get more info here: https://customfit.makewearlove.com/home/
2. Your First Sweater If you haven't knit a sweater before, now is a great time to start. You have no gift obligations and warm wool in your lap will be welcome on winter nights. We're here to help when you need us. Here's some ideas for sweaters that can be made of gorgeous yarn and give you the basics for sweater construction while adding something fashionable to your wardrobe.
Saturday, December 31, 10:00 - 4:00
It never fails. Every year I scramble to finish what I planned to knit for people and then think of five more people I want to knit for. If only I felt this fire in July...
See below my go-to projects for when I just have to make something for someone special. To help you get them started, all the go-to yarns that go with them are on sale. Now through Saturday, 15% off all in-stock Misti Alpaca Chunky, Malabrigo Mecha and Chunky, Ella Rae and Plymouth Superwash Chunky, and Classic Elite Palace.
Below is our holiday schedule. Please note that we will be open on Christmas and New Year's Eves. Between now and then we can't wait to see your gift projects and help you complete them.
While my hands are furiously knitting for everyone else my wheels are spinning through ideas for a project for me after the holidays. The designers are giving me loads of ideas and I will share them as soon as I can wrap up what I have!
Please enjoy your families. We hope to see you soon,
Quick Gift Ideas
Here's a few but we have loads of ideas, just ask us!
1. Headbands: We love them, weather (pardon the pun) they're for warmth or fashion, these are fabulous...and fast. I just made the first one in two hours. All one skein, all free!
super bulky cabled headband
2. Hats: Baby, it's cold outside...
worsted fold over brim hat this one's on my needles now, come see
Super Bulky Cabled Hat check it out in our window
3. Cowls: Still fashionable, still luxurious
worsted cabled, double wrap fun to knit and fun to wear
chunky, lace, colorful double wrap I want this
super bulky, cabled, double wrap Serious wow-factor, seriously fast
4. Slippers: Try a glue gun or fabric paint on the bottom to make 'em slip-free
worsted, felted, all sizes, for men or women The two Theresa's love these
worsted leaf edge everyone should make ten
chunky and lacey and fast what's better than that
super bulky, super fast Rasta baby, come see our sample
Or try these....
Super Fast, Serious Wow Factor
These last minute go-to ideas will give the gift of your love
as they fly off your needles,
ALL using any of this week's SALE yarns.
1. Pony Tail/Messy Bun Hats: Ok, so last week I saw one person wearing a pony tail hat and remembered that I'd seen a pattern for one before. This week, they are all over Ravelry and people are asking for patterns all day. I think Pinterest is to blame (or credit). Here's a pattern that I like and a few more just for fun
- knit: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hannah-4
- knit: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/holey-hat-2
- knit: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-cardiff-bay-ponytail-hat
- crochet: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/messy-beanie-buddies
- crochet: KITTY, MESSY BUN: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/messy-bun-cat-hat
2. Cowls: I know you've made a million but I can wear a million and everyone loves them under coats, over their heads, atop their tee-shirts...
- knit: this one looks like serious fun to knit
- knit: Courtney started this last weekl
- knit: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/joan-of-arc-jeanne-darc
- crochet: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/blustery-day-cowl-2
- crochet: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/caroline-cowl
3. Wraps: So elegant and cozy, these are fast and so gorgeous
- knit: garter stitch and leaf lace LOVE
- knit: I want this NOW
- knit: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/luminous-3
- crochet: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/customizable-poncho
4. Mittens: REAL mittens...with tops
- knit: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cabled-mittens-15
- knit: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/jit-simple-easy-mittens
- crochet: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mommys-simply-easy-mittens
BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS
MadelineTosh DK - 20% off
Ella Rae DK and Fingering - 20% off
Lana Grossa Yarns and Filati Books - 20% off
All needle and hook sets - 15% off
All Swifts and Ball Winders - % off
*In stock only please; Friday only please;
if it's busy please allow us to wind for you another day